- Although the property is private, we still operate under Fish & Game guidelines and regulations. Therefore, FISHING LICENSES ARE REQUIRED and must be displayed.
- All of the ranch fishing is fly fishing with BARBLESS HOOKS, catch and release only.
- Rods of 3-5 wt. are ideal. Leaders 7' - 10' tapered to 4x are ideal. With tippet spools of 4x, 5x and 6x, you can build leaders for stream or lake fishing and using streamer type flies that demand those heavier tippets of 3x and 4x to dry fly leaders then may require you to go all the way down to 6x or maybe even 7x. Normally, you will use the shorter leaders for the stream and those longer ones for the lakes.
- Hip waders with felt soles are perfect for the stream or for fishing from shore on the lakes. Chest waders are needed if you plan to float tube the lakes.
- PLEASE, NO HARD NYLON OR COTTON NETS!!!!
- Hemostats and soft nylon nets will make it easier to land the bigger fish and release them quickly.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
- BRING EACH FISH TO NET OR HAND AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.
- DO NOT DRAG THE FISH UP ON THE BANKS OR HOLD THEM OVER LAND.
- KEEP THE FISH IN THE WATER WHILE DISENGAGING THE HOOK. USING A HEMOSTAT IS REALLY HELPFUL - YOU DON'T HAVE TO TOUCH THE FISH. JUST REACH DOWN, ENGAGE THE HOOK, AND WITH A QUICK TWIST, THE FISH IS RELEASED WITH NO HANDLING WHATSOEVER.
- WHEN TAKING PICTURES, HOLD THE FISH OVER WATER. KEEP THEM IN THE WATER UNTIL JUST BEFORE YOU HAVE THE PICTURE TAKEN, AND THEN TAKE ONLY 2-3 SECOND TO SNAP THAT SHOT.
Bailey Creek Lodge
P.O. Box 405
Manton, CA 96059
Lodge: (530) 474-4600
Mobile: (916) 719-0526